четверг, 12 марта 2015 г.

Mommy, speak nonsense!

My daughter is 3+3.
This time I want to tell about Tasya's preferences when reading and playing with her mom. When she is with me she switches to English which is an important achievement for me. But it was suggested to switch to Russian when there is daddy around not to make him feel out-of-the-way. Tasya could not accept this rule last time. She insisted on going on reading in English. She kept asking me questions in English but I answered in Russian trying to switch to Russian together. She protested then and cried: No! No! Don't speak with daddy! Speak nonsense! - I was in a little shock. This was a perfect prase she could produce in her age.
My husband asked me to translate, as the words seemed familiar to him. He said that she could say nothing of the kind in Russian. Yes, he was right, she could never say: "говори бессмыслицу" no child of three could speak in these words in Russian. But please, do not suspect me in unbalanced education with English predominance, it was not the point. The point was that she had watched too much of Peppa Pig, and there was an episode where the daddy Pig picked up the phone and it spoke French, and as daddy Pig knew no French, he said: The phone is speaking nonsense!
I analysed the situation and worked out that Tasya had difficulty to ask me to speak English. Or not to speak Russian. She could not name the languages. And this was a perfect example how kids could express the ideas in their own way.
Now I think I should pay more attention to naming languages.

2 комментария:

  1. )))) У нас был очень похожий случай! Сыну было 2 годика, он только начал говорить, но увидев горящий во дворе костер, произнес длинную правильную фразу на английском из Пеппы ))) Мы все оглаянулись и обалдели, настолько она была в тему и только потом я поняла, что это из мультфильма ))))

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. )))) У нас был очень похожий случай! Сыну было 2 годика, он только начал говорить, но увидев горящий во дворе костер, произнес длинную правильную фразу на английском из Пеппы ))) Мы все оглаянулись и обалдели, настолько она была в тему и только потом я поняла, что это из мультфильма ))))

    ОтветитьУдалить