вторник, 14 февраля 2023 г.

Progressive

Writing better stories
Okay here's a lesson dedicated to the importance of using progressive tenses. And I'll give a short description of the stages and activities we had.

▪ Here are 8 pictures - could you come up with any ideas what actions they represent? Gimme at least one verb for each picture.
Take a bath, sit by the fire, to text someone.... can you go on?

▪ Put all these verbs into Progressive tense, like it is happening right now. 
I am going by bus somewhere, I am taking a bus trip...

▪ Let's say that you've got a story to tell, and it should begin like this: something was happening, something was going on until something else happened.
I was walking down the street when I heard a loud blast. Now make your own examples with the action verbs you've found before. One situation for each picture.

▪ Listening to the Neils and Meryl's stories and picture matching.
▪ True/False activity - she did it pretty quick.
▪ Reading. Here is the sample story and the tips how to structure your stories.
▪ Writing practice.



Now. Shouldn't I be happy with the result? I know ther's lots of space for improvement and spelling mistakes and I can give even more comments on the some choice of words. But. Isn't she creative? I can clearly see that she has put her foot in it. I can't just come with all the error corrections and critical comments, because I don't want to hurt her feelings. All I say, that your creation makes me very happy. Your use of verbs in the Past is done pretty well. (Tere are some misspellings like ' it felt safe in my hands')
And I reminded her of such a handy expression 'I wish I had an umbrella'.
That's it. 

Great job, Taya! And it comes with a picture :) you tried to draw a wet boy under the rain with such a sharp angle, his feet look small because of the perspective. Wow! I appreciate it ♥



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий