понедельник, 22 августа 2016 г.

Pegs and Pompoms



I have got a nice activity for a four year old kid. It's time to get hang of the clothes pegs!
If you have those colorful pompoms in your craft cupboard you can play with your kid these simple games:






Getting used to pegs.
My daughter did not seem to have a chance to use any clothes pegs before. I had to show her in a very detailed way how this thing worked. So I said: Look at these things that grip and pinch! Do you know how to hold it? Look, it has its "mouth", with which it grips things. And the "wings", you press them and the mouth gets open. Easy, you've got to take the peg at the right end. And then let go. Try! And she tried. She loved it so much that she put few pegs on the sleeves and on her skirt. It was easy to put a peg on the edge of anything, when there were edges.

Easy peg crafts.
I took some cardboard sheets and cut out several shapes: a circle for the sun, semi-circle for a hedgehog, a triangle for a green tree and some more... Tasya had to put some pegs around the shapes and to draw the faces for them. (This is not my pic, it's one from the Internet and I am sure, you can find even more shapes, if you like this idea!)


















Find a tricky peg.
That was a funny game! One of us had to close her eyes while the other gently pegged her in a secret place. Open your eyes and find the tricky peg. She had to touch herself all over to find it.

Pegs and Pompoms
After she got used to peg an edge of her clothes I challenged her to peg something that had no edges. The pompoms! They were so round and naughty, they always tried to escape from our greedy pegs. They slipped off and away from the bowl they ran. Come back, Mr.Bouncy! Mr.Greedy is going to get you anyway! Finally my daughter tried to help herself with the other hand. I knew that it would have been so much easier to cup a pompom in one hand and to peg it with the other. But I wanted to challenge her more. So I said it was a claw grabbing machine that you saw in the airport or in The Toy Story (Pixar), we pretended that the pompoms were sweets or toys. So we emptied one bowl and filled the other. Well done!

For the second round we changed the pitcher for an egg container. Each ball set cozily in its nest.
 

When I wanted to have one more round I had to change the rules: this time I gave her ten pegs. One for each pompom. She had to fill the jar with the pompoms stuck in the hungry peg's mouth.




I hope, you and your kids will like these ideas. Have fun and share with friends!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий